Color Accounting: Accounting For Non-Accounting Trained Executives And Professionals
Accounting Redefined - Visually using storyboards, colours and picture
A good understanding of accounting is vital to the success of any professionals. It is essential to be able to understand and ask the right questions when reviewing proposal, budgets and financial statements. A good understanding of Accounting will help you make better-informed decisions and enhance your professional skills set.
A Revolutionary Approach using by thousands of professionals across the world
Color Accounting is a revolutionary new way of learning accounting and finance. It takes the fear out of the subject. It’s used by many corporations, agencies, law firms and universities to teach their people how to use financial reports, typically in one day. People learn better when they can see concepts. Especially abstract concepts like accounting. Color Accounting presents finances using logical colors and diagrams, a holistic, graphical view of a balance sheet and income statement. It makes financial statements easier, like Windows made personal computers easier for everyone through colors and diagrams. Let Certified Colour Accounting Expert, Dr Patrick Chan help you to:
- Read, Analyse and Interpret Financial Statements more intuitively
- Get financial and key performance messages across simply and powerfully
- Remove fear associated with handling financial numbers
- Accelerate understanding and interpretation of financial statements
- Be able to ask the right financial questions
- Understand the answers and make the right decisions
Who is this for?
- Are you baffled by accounting jargon? (Debits and credits, journal entries, general ledgers, budgets, accruals…)
- Do you seek to understand how accounting works? (Income Statements, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, etc.)
- Do you want to improve your general business acumen for the purpose of general management, business ownership/entrepreneurship, sales, and consulting?
- Are you currently handling accounting and finance functions but don’t have proper training?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this course is right for you!
“Dr Chan is engaging and give examples that are easy to understand and relate. Explanations are well articulated too.”
Felicia To, Centre Manager at Tembusu Senior Activity Centre
“I would strongly recommend Dr Patrick Chan. He was patient with his explanation. Learning pace of class was good.”
Perry Koh, Sport Development Manager at Singapore Gymnastics
Expert Facilitator: Dr Patrick Chan
PhD (Behavorial Finance), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Specialist Diploma in Nutrition and Health Promotion, Singapore Polytechnic,Singapore
Associate, International Coach Federation (ICF),USA.
International Association of Registered Financial Consultants(RFC), for Personal Financial Planning USA.
Associate, Society of Will Writers & Estate Planning Practitioners, UK.
Fellow, Chartered Financial Consultant(ChFC);Singapore ;
Fellow, The Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII), UK
Board Certified Life Coach and Master in Neuro-Linguistic Program(NLP),USA
Certified Behavioural Consultant, The Institute of Motivational Living, USA.
Dr Chan is a Finance Educator, Positive Psychology Coach and an Organizational Development Consultant. Currently, Dr Chan holds Adjunct Faculty appointments at both Nanyang Technological University and SIM University.
He had served on the boards of various professional bodies and non-profit organization including the Asia-Pacific Risk and Insurance Association, Risk and Insurance Management of Singapore (RIMAS) and Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled; etc. He is also the director of Synergi Consulting Pte Ltd.
Dr Patrick Chan is currently a faculty member at Nanyang Technological University and teaching Personal Finance. He is also board certified both as Chartered Financial Consultant and Fellow in Risk Management. To date, he has authored five best selling books that include “Personal Financial Planning” and “Managing Your Personal Finance” as well as 3 book chapters and more than 30 refereed journal and international conference papers in his research forte of Behavioral Finance.
In recognition of his significant contributions to Small Medium Enterprises, Dr Chan was presented the Lead Consultant 2007 Award for Special Projects by the Certified Consultant Academy. He was also appointed as a member of the Judging Panel for Professional Enterprise Award 2007.
Telling the story of a business from its numbers
- The funding of a typical business
- The two universal perspectives of every balance sheet
- Accounting: the global language of business
- ‘ALEXI’, the five fundamental elements of every business story
- The distinction between assets, expenses and income
- The interrelationships between assets, liabilities, equity, income and expenses
The story in action
- Structure– Colour Accounting: making accounting come alive with internationally patented learning methodology
- Language– demystifying the jargon: accruals vs. cash accounting, depreciation vs. amortisation, direct vs. indirect expenses, “non-cash” expenses, deferred income and why profit is not the same as cash
- Movement– numbers in action: determining the financial impact of typical business transactions
- The value cycle of business
Color Accounting in Action
- Interpreting financial statements – balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Understanding key financial ratios: profit margins, return on equity, gearing, current ratio, turnover days
- Judging a company’s performance: good, bad or other – potential dangers of rapid growth and working capital management