Developing A Disruptive & Innovative Business Strategy with Blue Ocean Strategy
This 2-day course aims to help Business Leaders & Managers with a comprehensive understanding of the importance of business value innovation in today’s competitive business environment, Business Model Innovation, and the principles and application of Blue Ocean Strategy. This intensive course develops the confidence and skills you need to drive strategic value innovation within your organisation. It’s designed to be industry-relevant, using real work challenges as case studies, for realistic contextualisation. During the course, you will practice and apply useful tools such as Business Model Innovation Canvas, Strategy Canvass, Business Model Ideation Process, the Four Action Framework, strategies to re-construct market boundaries, and more. At the end of the course, you will be able to provide insights and make advanced recommendations to management and contribute to achieving organisational goals.
About Blue Ocean Strategy
Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS) is based on a study of 150 strategic moves spanning more than 100 years and 30 industries. BOS is an advanced form of business strategy used by many successful companies as the principles discussed are current and highly relevant in today’s business environment. The cornerstone of BOS is Value Innovation. Enterprise must continuously innovate and value-add its products and services to survive in this Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) business environment, and the advent of Information Technology further disrupting the marketplace. BOS offers a systematic and reproducible methodologies and processes, helping enterprises in their pursuit of innovation excellence and create new market space, thereby making the competition irrelevant.
In this 2-day course, you will:
- Understand the key concepts of strategic value innovation and its application
- Gain the ability to use Blue Ocean Strategy and Business Model Innovation concepts to describe how an organisation creates, delivers, and captures value
- Generate innovative business models through intense hands-on practice, group discussion and industry sharing among like-minded participants
- Understand how to evaluate business models, its benefits and risks
- Learn how to apply various innovation concepts and tools to identify, design, and commercialise products and/or services
- Understand the challenges of business model innovation and solutions to overcome them
- Business Leaders, Owners, and Entrepreneurs
- Mid-to-Senior level Managers and Executives
- Consultants, Lecturers, and Trainers
- Professionals with an interest in blue ocean strategy
- VUCA and Disruptive Innovation
- Witness the disruptive innovations at work: case examples
- Innovate or perish! The need to innovate to stay relevant
- Innovating Business Strategy: An Internal Perspective
- The Business Model Innovation Tool
- Business Model Canvas – 9 building blocks for Value Innovation
- Patterns of Innovation
- Unbundling, Long Tail, Multi-Sided and Free as a Business Model
- Design Thinking: Let’s Innovate!
- Epicenters of Business Model Innovation
- The Business model ideation process
- Visual Thinking and Prototyping
- Evaluating Business Models
- Assessing Business Model risks
- Industry Forces, Key Trends, Market Forces and Macro-Economic Forces at work
- Developing a Disruptive and Innovative Business Strategy with Blue Ocean Strategy
- Blue Ocean Vs Red Ocean Strategy
- Blue Ocean Strategy Tools
- Strategy Canvass and the Four Action Framework
- 6 Pathways to Reconstruct Market Boundaries and create uncontested market space
Peak Performance Coach and Blue Ocean Strategist: Maximus Sia
Maximus is a highly engaging, multi-talented Peak Performance Coach & Public Speaker with extensive 30 years’ experience. In the past 10 years, he has inspired thousands of learners to discover their hidden potentials. He has facilitated more than 60 training modules under the Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSG) framework, covering Leadership & People Management (LPM), Service Excellence certifications and Business Management.
Maximus holds a master’s degree in International Marketing from the University of Strathclyde, UK (MScIM) and actively offering Performance Consulting Expertise in Sales & Marketing Strategies. He has conducted various training courses across Asia, working with corporate executives from Pratt & Whitney, Borneo Motors (Lexus & Toyota), SingTel, Shimano, Manulife, AIA Singapore, Marina Bay Sands (MBS), Resort World Sentosa (RWS) and more. He recently facilitated Peak Performance in Sales Leadership Training with CKD Corporation and JVC Kenwood Corporation, with their top international senior executives from Japan, Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Singapore, with great success.
“Max provides clear explanations on the strategies and shared real-life experience. Easy to understand and not making this course too dry.”
Alan Oh, Sales Director, ERIKS Pte Ltd