Creating an Age-Friendly Workforce through Job Redesign
How to create an age-friendly workplace that hires, manages and engages its employees meaningfully through job-redesign? Rapid advancement in technology, coupled with an ageing population requires progressive employers to continuously adapt their HR practices to remain relevant and attractive to the workforce. When an organization shows that it welcomes challenges and opportunities arising from its multi-generation workforce, employees can grow with the organization, allowing the organization to retain key human talent and acquire stability and efficiency with the reduced need for time and high costs incurred through employee turnovers.
Leveraging on Multi-Generational Workforce to Drive Productivity and Growth
Successfully managing a multi-generational workforce involves being flexible with changes such as reorganising responsibilities to make the workplace more age-friendly, meeting the Easy-Safe-Smart Job Redesign Criteria. From the employee’s perspective, the aim is to place the right person at the right job, and meet the needs of that person, so that he feels engaged, inspired, greater job satisfaction, and also physical safety.
Job Redesign & Flexible Work Arrangements that Work
When it comes to redesigning of jobs, you need to be a Progressive Employer & HR Professional. You will need to re-look at what work should be done in a job and how the tasks, duties & responsibilities of a specific job should be restructured, and also the pre-existing rules & regulations surrounding it.
Leveraging on the available resources in technology and carefully evaluating existing policies and available government grants, there are indeed exciting opportunities to start making positive changes to reach your organizational goals. This workshop aims to equip you with:
- Concepts of job redesign and its processes
- Updates on the available grants intended to assist workplaces to prepare for a multi-generational and ageing workforce. Eg. WorkPro’s Job Redesign Grant, Inclusive Growth Programme (IGP), Capability Development Grant (CDG), Job Redesign Rider
- Best practices of companies that have successfully re-designed jobs
- How to identify and adopt a contextual job redesign plan that is immediately applicable
- How to improve productivity in an ageing and diverse workforce
- Review and evaluate Job Redesign Systems and Processes in accordance with Organizational Policies to enable staff to function more effectively to meet Organizational Goals and Objectives
- How to alter job elements and mobility at the workplace so that companies can achieve maximum increase in employee engagement, efficiency and productivity, improved quality and higher organizational branding and output
- How to restructure tasks to give your employees more opportunities to grow and take on more fulfilling roles
- The use of technology to communicate and collaborate with colleagues to complete your work on time
- What You Must Do to Be Fair and Compliant, according to the Retirement & Re-Employment Act
- How to establish the scope of Flexible Work Arrangement
Who Will Benefit from this?
- HR Practitioners, Managers, OD Professionals, L&D Officers, Talent Management Executives
- Directors, Business Owners, HOD, Coaches, Consultants and Trainers
- Anyone seeking to enhance their workplace and help to retain employees with Job Redesign with a fast-changing technology environment.
Management Consultant & OD Specialist: Mr Adrian Wong
After over 30 years in Senior Regional HR Positions in diverse industries in various postings around the Asia Pacific region in senior HR roles and consultancy work, Adrian now specializes in contract assignments, HR advisory roles, and also conducts training and coaching for SHRI and HR Singapore.
Qualifications: MBA (Aston), MA HRD (GWU), MA (Cornerstone), Diplomas in Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management, Marketing, Quality, Management Consultancy, Registered Assessor ISO9000, OSHA 18001, EN 14001, Certified International Coach by Leading Clinic, Certified Singapore Management Consultant (Spring/TUD SUV), Crestcom Trainer, Certified DISC Facilitator. Fellow SHRI, IHRP-SP.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strategic HR Management
- Performance Management
- Compensation & Benefits Management
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Training & Development
- Process Management, Quality & Safety
- Industrial Engineering and ISO 9000 Turnkey projects