Written Communication Courses by Business English Experts
Business English and Communication Coach: Emma Jarman-Jones (MBA, Imperial College UK)
Emma Jarman-Jones specialises in developing and enhancing workplace communication skills. This work includes business writing, speaking, interpersonal and management skills training. She has over 15 years of experience training in Singapore, as well as regionally in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Emma has worked as an external consultant and trainer with both private and public sectors, designing, customising and delivering programs, and coaching individuals. She believes in the potential of every person and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of training that will benefit the individual, as well as the organisation.
Emma holds an MBA from the Imperial College London in United Kingdom. She has also completed a Diploma in Human Resource Development at the Singapore Institute of Management, and is a certified People Developer Consultant.
“We continue to receive very positive comments about Emma’s courses from my staff members. Several people, including our internal communication manager, said that Emma provided the best one-day training course. Many thanks for providing insights, tips and factoids that will enable our company to write and communicate even better to our bosses and stakeholders.” – Cynthia Zhuang, Marketing Manager, NETS Singapore
“Great business courses by Emma! I walked away with some great tips and insights which are not just ideas that have no practical consideration. The class’s spirit of spontaneity and engagement is also very encouraging for my learning. Every trainer should be able to keep the attention of the class just like she has.” – Jess Tang-Xin, Senior Admin Executive, Singapore Workforce Development Agency
One Day Course “Powerful E-mail Techniques”
“An e-mail can make or break an opportunity for you, so send and respond to them wisely.” – Leila Lewis of Be Inspired PR
Do you know that in general, we should keep our e-mails to the length of one screen? If our messages are much longer than one screen, we should consider using another method of communicating (such as a phone call). Though e-mail standards are still evolving, this course will share with participants the basic but lesser-known guidelines to write better e-mails.
5 Key Takeaways
- Eliminate numerous time-consuming revisions by organising thoughts and structuring sentences correctly, concisely and clearly;
- Present e-mails to readers in a professional and reader-friendly format;
- E-mail etiquette to identify and avoid embarrassing common grammar mistakes in e-mails;
- Learn quick and easy editing techniques with practical writing tips;
- Write professional, respectful emails that drive action and reflect well on the writer and the writer’s company.
Date: 26 April 2016 (Tue)
One Day Course “Mistake-Free Grammar and Proofreading”
“Proofreading is so much more than just spotting a typo in your paper or favorite book. It requires a great deal of training.” – President of Scribendi, Chandra Clarke
Join Communication Coach, Emma Jones in this one day skills-packed workshop designed for busy professionals who want a super-fast, easy way to spot errors in their work while brushing up on grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage of business English.
5 Key Takeaways
- The grammar rules every professional must know;
- Techniques for finding errors in numbers, prices, codes, dates, etc.;
- Commonly misused words and how to use them correctly;
- Increase in speed of proofreading without sacrificing accuracy;
- Learn what proofreading marks are, how to use them correctly and when to use them.
One Day Course “Meeting Minutes Made Easy”
Taking minutes of meetings involves listening skills and the ability to absorb information and summarize it simultaneously. This practical hands-on course is designed to take the stress out of note-taking and writing minutes of meetings using a step-by-step guide from arranging for meetings, putting together agendas, taking notes and minutes, transcribing them in a professional and accurate manner. This course will help you write minutes of meetings that are clear, concise and accurately reflect the important components of meetings.
5 Key Takeaways
- Effective techniques to prepare, write and organise reports and minutes of meetings;
- Apply active listening techniques during the meeting to pick out main points, ideas, and actions that needs to be recorded;
- Recognize and manage the common challenges involved in minute-taking;
- Confident use of language for an error-free and reader-friendly minutes of meetings;
- Develop professional competency in taking effective notes during meetings.
Date: 27 May 2016 (Fri)
High Impact and Clear Report Writing Skills
Attain a Thorough Understanding of the Fundamental Skills for Checking, Planning, Structuring and Writing Reports Writing reports is an essential role in business operations and communication, yet most professionals and executives face constant challenges to prepare their reports in a clear, consistent and concise way within a tight deadline. Let Business Communication Expert, Ms Emma Jones, (MBA, Imperial College, UK) share with you the easy-to-follow techniques to write clear, concise and well-structured reports in less time.
5 Key Takeaways
- Identify writing barriers and removing them;
- Apply easy-to-learn report-writing techniques;
- Make reports easier to read, and therefore to understand by dealing with technical terminologies and build logical structure;
- The way to make it easy for different readers to navigate around the report;
- Producing reports, documents and manuals that enhance the reputation of both the writer and the organisation
Date: 1 Jun 2016 (Wed)
For More Information:
Please kindly contact our Training Specialist @ 6720 3333 | email@example.com for more information about our workshops and customized training.