Having Trouble Viewing? Click Here to View
Storytelling for Managers and Leaders
Master Powerful Storytelling Techniques to Engage, Inspire and Influence
Master the Power of Storytelling in Organisations
Do you wish to emotionally connect with your team & customers? Influence decision-making processes, and reduce resistance to change? Inspire and instil trust & commitment to goals & values? Be able to effectively deliver messages, lead and motivate interdepartmental co-operation? Successful business leaders are able to take their audience and stakeholders on a journey, leaving them inspired and motivated. But getting your ideas across and keeping your audience engaged throughout is tricky. When mastered, storytelling can be a powerful communication and organisational tool.
Start with a Story and the Rest is History
Gain powerful insights from the Godmother of Singapore Storytelling, Ms. Sheila Wee on how you can use simple storytelling techniques to deliver a presentation that captures the hearts and minds of your audience.
You will gain valuable insight into some of the most effective storytelling techniques used in workplaces, and in particular how you can use stories to build trust and impart corporate values. You will also:
- Understand why storytelling is such a powerful communication tool for business and management;
- Know how to use stories to build trust in you and to connect positively with your staff and clients;
- Know how to use stories to effectively transmit corporate values;
- Use effective strategies for preparing, telling and sharing stories;
- Have had the opportunity to practise telling your own stories in a supportive and safe environment.
Date: 13 Jul 2018 (Fri)
Time: 9am - 5pm
100 Orchard Road
#04-100, Concorde Hotel,
- Inclusive of 1 buffet lunch and 2 light refreshments
To register, you can either register online or download a hardcopy registration form
6720-3333 | phone
6720-2222 | fax
- Understanding the art and science of storytelling;
- Why storytelling is such a powerful communication tool;
- An overview of how storytelling is being used in organisations;
- Guidelines for telling stories in organisational settings;
- Understanding story architecture to tell more effective stories;
- Understanding what makes a story effective in organisational settings;
- How to use stories to build trust in yourself and connect with your staff or clients;
- The use of storytelling to transmit organisational values and messages;
- How to choose, prepare and effectively tell a story;
- An introduction to the six elements of vocal expression;
- Sharing of stories through guided storytelling activities.
Who Should Attend?
Department heads, managers, supervisors, marketing and sales professionals, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and anyone who is interested in the use of storytelling in organisations.
"Ms Sheila is a very experienced trainer. She held a great sharing session that was very interactive which promotes a great learning experience." - Sharon Li, Ministry of Education (MOE)
"The trainer is able to engage the class and share many relevant examples to highlight her points. This makes me understand better." - Sean Cheng, Singapore Land Authority (SLA)
"Sheila is very competent and helpful in addressing issues that was brought up by the participants." - Naz, Ministry of Manpower
Sheila Wee is a professional storyteller, storytelling trainer and story consultant with 18 years’ experience. Because of her work to pioneer the movement to revive the use of storytelling, she has been described as a Godmother of Singapore storytelling. She co-founded Singapore’s first professional storytelling company and has taught, or mentored most of the storytellers now working here. She has been an active Executive Committee Member of the Storytelling Association (Singapore) since its founding in 2006, taking on roles such as Vice-President and President.
In 2004 Sheila began her exploration into the use of storytelling for organisational purposes and this now forms a large part of her work. She teaches storytelling skills and conducts training in the use of storytelling across many different sectors. She has conducted workshops on storytelling for leadership and management, as a sales tool, to enliven and increase the impact of training and presentations, to aid an organisation’s recruitment drive and to help candidates sell themselves in interviews.
Sheila’s highly practical workshops have garnered consistently high ratings from participants. Her workshop clients include: EZ-Link, HDB, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy – NUS, NUS Libraries, MND, Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University National Parks Board Singapore Armed Forces Training Institute, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore Management University, Singapore Press Holdings, ST Electronics (Centre for Management Development), The National Gallery, Public Service Division, WDHB Strategic Learning and Yale-NUS College.
Sheila also works internationally, and has been a speaker at many storytelling conferences and workshops in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, UK and Vietnam.
Having spent the last 18 years immersed in story, Sheila understands both its emotional pull and its practical application. She is passionate about bringing story out of the nursery and restoring it to its rightful place at the heart of adult society. She has worked with military commanders, educational leaders, sales teams, and executives at all levels, developing customised training programmes to meet their organisational objectives.