Having Trouble Viewing? Click Here to View
Enhancing Personal Effectiveness and Productivity
Enhance Your Effectiveness and Productivity for Personal and Professional Success: Based on Total Quality Management Concepts and Principles That Are Relevant to Today’s Modern Workplace
Quality organisations are made of quality people and quality systems. Learn and discover a range of personal productivity and effectiveness enhancement tools and techniques for immediate application in your workplace today.
This course is designed to provide all participants with a comprehensive overview of the valuable tools and techniques for improving their personal effectiveness and productivity in the workplace and in life.
Participants will learn how to manage themselves better and plan better – both personally and strategically. They will also understand how they can handle their workload in a more efficient manner, manage their work relationships more productively, and effectively deal with problems and challenges.
This course will enable them to ultimately assist the organisation that they work for in the best way possible.
Participants from this course will be able to:
- Learn how to better manage their emotions and energy;
- Study ways of efficiently managing their responsibilities;
- Plan to achieve vastly improved relations with seniors and colleagues;
- Focus on working to free their time by reducing wasteful activities;
- Consider effective ways of improving their work processes;
- Develop their abilities to make higher quality decisions;
- Learn how to cope more effectively with their work environment;
- Gain an insight into issues that can both hinder or assist personal effectiveness and productivity;
- Learn a range of personal productivity and effectiveness enhancement tools and techniques for immediate application.
Module 1: Self-Management for Better Effectiveness & Productivity
- Applying the principles of emotional intelligence
- Understanding your personality style
- Why these can either hinder or assist you
- Setting and achieving strategic goals
- SMART Goals
Module 2: Managing Your Work Relationships to enhance Effectiveness & Productivity
- Stakeholders Analysis
- Working effectively with your superiors, colleagues and staff
- Influencing Skills
- Utilising effective communication tools
- Productive management of meetings
- Eliminating time and energy drains
- The power of motivation
Module 3: Improve Productivity from Work Processes
- Focusing on continuous process improvement
- Managing the process of change
- Harnessing the power of value adding concept
- What are wastes?
- Eliminating the various types of wastes
Module 4: Effective Problem-Solving
- Harnessing creative thinking
- Effective use of various creative techniques
- Root Cause Analysis: the heart of the problem-solving process
- Dealing with risk
23 & 24 April 2018 (Mon & Tue)
9am - 5pm
100 Orchard Road
#04-100, Concorde Hotel
- Inclusive of 1 buffet lunch and 2 light refreshments
To register, you can either register online or download a hardcopy registration form
6720-3333 | phone
6720-2222 | fax
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for managers, officers and professionals in all functional areas of the organisation who seek to enhance their personal productivity skills, better manage their work relationships and sharpen their problem-solving skills – thereby improving their work performance.
Others who need to understand and improve productivity may also find this very helpful.
*This course is not affiliated to Stephen Covey’s book on “7 Habits of Highly Effective People”.
Hands-on exercises and case studies;
Group discussions and interactive storytelling;
Commentary on other companies / industries;
Video and photo presentations.
“Straight to the point and comprehensive in his training. There are lots of discussions and room for clarifications with Andrew and with fellow participants to understand topics and learn how to apply the knowledge in the workplace.”
Personal and Organisational Effectiveness Master Trainer: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.