The workshop will cover both soft and hard skills including; communication skills, organization techniques, problem-solving strategies, and career management.
Goal Settings, Redefining Your Role and Skills Set
- What distinguishes you from other office personnel in the office?
- 5 Key Qualities that you need to succeed in your role.
- Ethics & Confidentiality management
Professional Image, Confidence and Self Belief
- Self image and presentation
- Addressing and calling of names
- Right choice of words for the role
- Handling the unexpected (positive and negative)
- Creative Thinking Skills and Art of Communication
Identifying the key stakeholders
- Apply the right level of communication
- 5 Key steps for an effective spoken communication
- 4 Key steps for an effective written communication
- Using Smart devices to be your Super Assistant
Managing Change, Conflict and Interpersonal Relations
- Working with superiors, colleagues, and subordinates with the "Right" styles
- Understanding the nature of small talk
- Dealing with the small talk
- Handling criticism at the workplace
The Innovative Admin - Problem Solving And Decision Making Skills
- Understanding of your role in PSDC
- Learning to drive for a decision at meeting
- Analyzing the risks involved for the decision
- Prepare for plan B and explanation
Motivating for Performance - Getting Organized for Success
- Organization, Assistant Handbook & Checklists
- Managing your work effectively
- Learn how to prioritize and negotiate
- Learning to say no and offer alternative
- Learn how to work in a meeting
Bonus: Includes a comprehensive checklist for managing events, as well as minute-taking templates.
Maxine is fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese and she delivers her solutions in the three languages seamlessly to help her clients achieve their highest level of understanding.
Her clients have benefited from her cross-industry insights and sharing of best practices. She has many repeat clients including private banks like UBS, Credit Suisse, DBS, OCBC, UOB, Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of East Asia, Bank of China, Shanghai Pudong Bank, China Construction Bank, HSBC, Citibank; insurance companies like TaiKang Insurance, MSIG Insurance, Generali Insurance, NTUC Income; telco companies like MobileOne, Alcatel Lucent; motor car companies like BMW Asia; pharmaceutical and chemical companies like BASF, Menarini, Johnson Matthey, FMC, Abbot Laboratories; government institutions like Singapore Prisons, MINDEF, IE Singapore, WDA and retail giants like Philips and Courts.
Coming from many years of working in the financial services industry, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Effective Communication, Cross Cultural Awareness, Managing Virtual teams, Business Etiquette, Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills, Time and Stress Management and Customer Service Excellence. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance, real estate and retail.
Maxine graduated with merit from National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She holds a Professional Diploma in Training & Development, a Professional Certificate in Designing & Facilitating Experiential Learning and accreditations in various psychometric tools like True Colors© and DISC behaviour profiling.
A renowned local training institution has awarded Maxine with the coveted title of "Trainer of the Year" for two years in a row in 2013 and 2014, and the "Star Trainer 2015" award in recognition for her excellent work delivered to its corporate clients. What further sets her apart from most trainers in the industry is her ability to connect with her audience instantly with her authenticity and personal energetic style.