19 & 20 Apr 2018 (Thu & Fri)
Having trouble viewing?
Stage 1: Art of Strategy (Foundation)
|Date||19 & 20 Apr 2018 (Thu & Fri)|
|Venue||100 Orchard Road, Hotel Concorde|
|Time||9am to 5pm|
|Fees||$988 Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks, light refreshments and buffet lunch|
Contact Chye Fen 6720 3333
To unsubscribe, please click here
The Art of War is one of the most ancient Chinese treatise on military leadership and strategy. It was written by strategist, general and warrior-philosopher, Sun Tzu. The Art of War has by now transcended beyond military applications. Sun Tzu's ancient The Art of War has inspired military, political, and business leaders across the world with its brilliant strategies for prevailing against opponents.
The rise of China and Asia, the success of companies like Alibaba and Tencent have put the limelight firmly on the mysterious aura of the Art of War Strategy. Whether you are a professional in transition, a business leader seeking to overcome business challenges, a senior executive exploring career switch or an ambitious high flyer seeking to establish new career opportunities, there has never been a better time to embark on this highly popular Art of Strategy Business Strategist Certification, where you can tap on your wealth of experience and assist others to succeed in life.
Today, Art of War is applied across business, politics, diplomacy, sports and leadership. Studied widely by executives and business leaders across the world, it provides critical insights on how to deal with conflict with wisdom and honor, how to lead others and emerge victorious from adversity. At the core of Sun Tzu’s strategy is that size alone does not guarantee victory. Strategy, positioning, planning, leadership--all play equally significant roles, making Sun Tzu's teachings perfect for business leaders, senior officers and entrepreneurs entrenched in fierce local or global competition for customers, market share and talent.
Sun Tzu’s Art of War Strategy is perfectly suited for today’s jet-setting, plugged-in business and policy leaders.
Applying Art of War to Self: Extolling the enlightened individual and downplaying external circumstances. As Sun Tzu writes: “When troops flee, are insubordinate, distressed, collapse in disorder or are rerouted, it is the fault of the general. None of these disasters can be attributed to natural causes.
Applying Art of War to Adapt and Grow: According as circumstances are favorable, one should modify one’s plans. Even though you must plan for every eventuality in business, flexibility, adaptability and situational leadership is critical.
Applying Art of War to elevate mission & Inject Urgency: Applying the life-and-death lessons to business elevates everyday matters to a new level of importance and urgency.
Applying Art of War to Make Difficult Decision: Sun Tzu doesn’t have any time for ambiguities, introspection or gray areas (probably because he was trying to win wars). He is decisive, unwavering, and blunt — exactly the leadership qualities we prize.
Applying Art of War for Innovation “thinking outside the box": Providing a precious window into ancient art of strategy, leadership and management
Play to Win: Understand How Art of War Strategy Really Works
19 & 20 Apr 2018 (Thu & Fri). | 9am – 5pm | $988 | SkillsFuture Credits Eligible
Understand that the Chinese Philosophies and Mindsets are responsible for Chinese being the richest country in the world for centuries, except for the 19th and 20th and its rapid recovery within 30 years to become the 2nd largest economy in the world. Tracing to the root wisdom of Sun Tzu's Art of War, iChing, uncover the principles to manage change to attain fortunes and avoid disasters. Mastering the techniques of OODA (observe, orient, decide, and act). Understanding business as a love affair with customers and adapting the Art of War to business and integrating the modern Western Management and technology to make the Art of War relevant and up-to-date.
Learn how to use the Art of War to overcome daily challenges and accomplish great goals in your life. Integrating Blue Ocean Strategies, Market Development Life Cycles of Geoffrey Moore and Disruptive Innovation Theory by Clayton Christensen. Master "The Art of War for Business" framework that will help you to seize the advantage, outsmart, outmaneuver, and outstrategize larger adversaries to capture crucial sectors, serve unmet needs and conquer the marketplace.
Apply Art of War to Overcome Adversary in Business, At the Office and Accomplish Success in Your Everyday Life
- Your Personal Development Guide on how to unleash your full potential, triumph over adversity, and achieve long-term goals using Timeless Art of War Lessons
- Complete Understanding of The Art of War for Success - The 1A3B5C5M Framework for Design & Decision Making
- The knowledge to build successful company culture and business
- Detecting and Responding to VUCAD Changes with Unchanging Principles and Patterns of iChing
- Knowing How to Design Successful Strategies with TOWS
- Your own business strategies based on TOWS
- Your Strategy Driven Balanced Scorecards
- Senior officers and Executives from government agencies or MNCs
- CEOS, C Level Executives, directors, Head of Departments
- Entrepreneurs, Start-ups, Business consultants, Business consultants and advisors
- Sales and marketing, business development Executives
- Lawyers, accountants, engineers and other professionals seeking to futureproof and dominate their domain
- Trainers, Coaches, academics and lecturers involved in Chinese studies
- Anyone keen to apply Art of War to their daily life
“It is pretty rare to find the courses that he teaches offered elsewhere with other trainers in Singapore or even in the world. The key to maximum engagement in the class is the way you teach – being a subject expert and being open to other people’s opinions – Lim Liat is definitely both. All levels of working professionals in any industry will benefit from his courses.” Caroline Tracy Lee, Manager for Strategic Planning and Policy, AIA
“I am not a Chinese and was thinking that I may have trouble understanding Lim Liat’s courses because his professional background and interest are towards Chinese management philosophies but this is not true. He is effectively bilingual with experience in many industries. Most courses out there are pretty general and do not apply to your work or life so you walk away retaining no new information in the long term but not courses by Lim Liat.” Muhammad Khairul, Staff Officer for Singapore Customs
“This is the type of course that I feel does not only focus on business outcomes, but also on personal outcomes. My time was well-spent indeed. Lim Liat’s courses are suitable for everyone, and I will also ask my staff members to join me for other courses.” Emma Wai, Senior Assistant Director for Corporate Development and Administration, Bureau Design Studio
Mr Lim Liat founded BvOtech (Business value Oriented technology) to help people and businesses to be more successful through synergizing the the best of East and West strategies using Chinese classical wisdom such as I-Ching, the philosophies of the Dao School (Lao Zi), Ru School (Confucius), Mo School, Fa School and Sun Zi’s Art of War and more. Lim consults for start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and GLCs. CEO of BvOtech, a Pan Asia Business consultancy, Mr Lim Liat previously sat on the advisory boards of Institutes of Higher Learning and investment committees. He has more than 30 years of technology and management experience. A pioneer of Singapore Computer Systems in 1980, Liat contributed to the its listing on the Singapore Exchange, reaching a revenue of about $988 million operating in over 9 countries.
Please contact Chye Fen(65) 6720 3333 or
|Date||19 & 20 Apr 2018 (Thu & Fri)|
|Venue||Hotel Concorde, Orchard Road|
|Time||9.00am to 5.00pm|
Inclusive of 2 coffee breaks, light refreshments and buffet lunch
|Enquiries||Please contact Chye Fen (65) 6720 3333 or
- The Power of the Chinese Mindset – Past & Future Successes of the Chinese
- Identify Your strengths and choose the right ground to Fight Your battles
- Prospering in the VUCAD world of Changes with the I-Ching, the Source of Sun Tzu’s Art of War
- Mastering OODA (Observe, Orient, Decide and Act)
- Outside-In Thinking of Reading the Trends of Time, Location and People Desires
- Using the Unchanging Principles to Manage Change to gain Fortunes without Disasters
- Workshop 1 - Stages of Life and Personal Development
- Understanding the Market Development Life Cycles of Geoffrey Moore and Disruptive Innovation Theory Clayton Christensen
- Workshop 2 - Corporate Life Cycle & Strategy for Growth
- Understanding the Purpose of Business & its Strategies
- Types of Business Values in the Eyes of the Customers and Gaining the Hearts of Your Customers
- From products to business modelling to corporate culture as competitive advantages and building the right culture.
- Sun Tzu’s Art of War for Business– The Strategies and Execution for Champions
- Overview of Sun Tzu's Art of War Book
- Sun Tzu's Art of War Formula - 1A3B5C5M and its Essences
- Building Capabilities for Competitive Advantages – 5 Factors & 7 Measures
- Designing differentiated strategies to seize the initiatives & Riding the Waves incorporating Blue Ocean Strategies
- Correcting Misunderstandings on The Art of War and the Discovery of the errors in SWOT
- The Right Way to Design Strategies - TOWS of Outside-In Threats before Opportunities
- Case Studies: The success of Breadtalk, Apple, Google & Failure of Nokia, Kodak, etc
- Workshop 3 - Designing Your Competitive Strategies
- Execution of Business Strategies with Balanced Scorecards of Kaplan and Norton
- Workshop 4 - Developing Your Strategy Driven Balanced Scorecards
- Summary of Key Lessons & Reflection