Professional Certificate in Psychotherapy & Counselling
Psychotherapy is a general term for interpersonal and relational intervention of treating emotional disorders by engaging clients to vocalize their condition and related issue. Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is an effective way to help people with a broad variety of emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy aims to help a person change behavior and overcome problems in a desirable way by employing a range of techniques focusing on experiential relationship building, communication and behaviour modification. This often includes alleviation of distress, an increase in individual sense of well-being and reduction of subjective discomforting experiences. All these are designed to improve the mental health of a client, or to improve group relationships.
2 Day Professional Certificate in Psychotherapy & Counseling
Based on a rich understanding of the complexities of human behavior, this workshop offers a deep insight into why we think and act the way we do, and how to empower people to act differently. It will also demonstrate the fundamental framework of counselling and psychotherapy and enhance students thinking process of changing human behavior through various psychotherapeutic intervention frameworks. You will gain a basic understanding of the theoretical underpinnings, guiding principles/concepts, interventional strategies as well as the limitations of each of these frameworks. You will learn the fundamental theories and skills of counselling. You will also be introduced to the various components of counselling such as questioning and responding skills.You will also understand the professionalism and ethical principles of being a therapist.
- Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills
- Theories & Application of Cognitive Therapy
- Apply Psychotherapy & Counselling techniques in your leadership.
- Get introduced to the theories of psychotherapy & counselling to improve relationships.
- Gain insight into why we think and act the way we do, and how to empower people to act differently Understand the collaborative nature of the therapist-client relationship
- use various therapeutic processes and models to further illustrate its approaches.
- be exposed to the concepts and principles of different interpersonal styles, beliefs, values and counselling process
- Comprehend the key concepts of helping profession and its processes.
- Apply the counselling techniques using various therapies and approaches
- Develop greater awareness of self and others in mental health settings.
- Explore the roles and functions in the applications of ethical and legal considerations.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Bringing it together
- Application of CBT on Depression & Anxiety
- Realised your fullest potential, unleash the new you
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Certification is designed for executives and professionals
- Human Resource managers & executives
- Marketing, Business Development, International Managers & Supervisors
- Trainers, Coaches, Educators
Integrative Learning Approach
By familiarizing with the theories and techniques through case studies, class discussions and class activities, you will gain a better understanding the needed skills in a counselling practice whether it is in the context of therapy, of education, or of the business world. Much of your learning will be by a process of reflection on the experience of skills practiced and the use of demonstration, observation, self, peer and tutor feedback as well as a more traditional academic study.
Certified Counsellor & Psychologist: Ms Celine Vasantha Edmund
Ms Celine Edmund is a certified Counselling Psychologist, who completed her studies in Melbourne, Australia. She has worked in both Australia and Singapore for several years, helping people who have faced complex challenges and a variety of life issues. Specialising in relationship issues, depression, grief and loss, she believes that throughout life, everyone will experience challenges. Celine has worked with both adolescents and adults to clarify and find solutions to their challenges. Celine also has extensive experience in education as the Head of Department for Psychology and Counselling at a leading Singapore based college, which involved developing and delivering counselling and psychology courses. Celine has also conducted training with Ministry of Education, Singapore Prison, Health Promotion Board and other organisations and institutions.
- Master of Counselling (Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia)
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Institute of Adult Learning)
- Certificate in Professional Supervision (Australian Counselling Association)
- Certificate in Positive Parenting Programme (Queensland University, Australia)