Product Photography: Unleashing your Creative Potential!
Photography is a form of Art, which can be used for leisure or commercial, and sometimes, both. With overwhelming images and information online, every commercial is screaming for attention and assaulting your senses. The truth is … if the image is lacking appeal, no one hardly notices. This is the reality of the virtual business world.
The value of your product is inevitably affected by the quality of your image.
If you want to enhance or improve the quality of the image or photograph, invest! Either hire a good photographer or learn from the professional how to do it yourself.
Photography involves not only passion, but expertise and knowledge on how to operate photography equipment. Of course, you also need guidance and lots of practice!
Learn the techniques and technicalities of product photography from lighting to camera settings as well as product placement and composition. Explore the ideas how to unleash your innovative and creative potential.
This workshop will enable you to gain new and/or fresh perspectives.
So, what are you waiting for?
Let your creativity shine through and reflect your unique individuality!
Participants will learn, discover & understand:
- Move from automatic and control the camera
- Learn to operate the camera in semiautomatic & manual modes
- Learn and understand the equipment needed for commercial photography (including camera, lenses, lighting, accessories)
- Use simple self-made photography box and lighting
- Principles and challenges of product photography
- Importance of angles, placement and composition
- How products respond to different types of light
- How to add your own personal touch
- How to build your own light box
Who should attend?
- Freelance / professional photographers in the media & advertising industry
- Professionals & consultants in the advertising or creative agencies who use photography / work with photographers
- Creative professionals who want to upgrade their skills &/or knowledge
- Business people who use images to advertise their products / services
- Individuals who are interested in the art of photography either for work or leisure
Please bring the following items:
- Camera (a cell phone or point and shoot can be used, but a camera with manual controls would be ideal) / DSLR camera
- Long lense (optional)
- If photographing a small object e.g. jewelry, a macro lense is desirable
- Tripod (sturdy enough to hold the camera and the lense)
- Light source, 2 units, (flashes and transmitter or desk lamps)
- Product(s) to be used for photography
- Props to be included (for e.g. flowers & vase)
To build your light box, bring:
- Thin white mat board (pure white, not off-white or cream, big enough to cover your box)
- Transparent silk paper (to cover two sides of the box)
- A box, at least three times as big as your product
- Stick glue
- Scissors and blade
This is a hands-on workshop but we will cover both theory and practice. Every participant will bring & use his / her own equipment & product(s).
An Experienced, Highly Creatively & Professional Photographer who travels Internationally for Work: Helga Herrera
Helga is the founder of Grafika Photography & Design. She has done all types of photography, which includes portraits, landscapes, night photography, commercial photography, to name a few. A professional photographer for the past 8 years, she is a photography instructor, conducting at least 12 courses per year from beginner to advanced levels. Fluent in English & Spanish, Helga not only instructs and demonstrates, but also designs the course contents, ensuring that they are relevant and interesting. Having clients and students of all nationalities and from all walks of life, Helga is a sought-after professional photographer. She is proficient in photography software such as Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom, which she uses on a regular basis to edit photos or images.
Helga has had worked for over 20 years in Business Development as well as Sales and Marketing. Over the years, she has gained vast knowledge and rich experience within the field of photography not limited to product photography. She holds a Master Degree in International Business from the American Graduate School of International Management and has a Photography Certificate from The Photography Institute in the United Kingdom.