Mastering Microsoft Excel 2016: Basic to Intermediate Skills
Synthesize, Summarize and Make Sense of Huge Financial Data
Your Challenge: How to replace manual tracking of business data to automated reports
- Easily identify data trends using graphs or charts?
- Quickly store, sort, and analyze large amounts of data/information?
- Perform mathematical operations with ease?
Replacing manual tracking of business data to automated templates will make it easy for you to monitor financial performance, such as business profit or loss, calculate payments on large purchases, plan a budget, or stay organized with checklists.
Our Solution: MS Excel 2016 tips and tricks
This workshop will prepare you to start using Excel on your own. Throughout the course, you will learn interesting and useful tips and tricks to allow you work more efficiently with Excel.
This course is perfect for current Microsoft Excel 2016 users who want to replace manual tracking of business data with interactive Excel analysis and reports. The participants must have some basic level knowledge of Microsoft Excel application.
Key Takeaways: Gain Mastery, Confidence and Improve Productivity
- Find ready-made templates online for free and create your own customized templates.
- Prepare Income Statements, Cash Flows Statements and Balance Sheet.
- Formatting reports using conditional formatting rules and styles.
- Create interactive charts with business data stored in an Excel Table.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners who run a small to medium sized businesses will be able to replace manual business data tracking processes with interactive Excel analysis and reports.
- Managers or new employees who want to learn how to summarize business data and paves the way to put it into meaningful and useful reports.
- Delegates who intend to increase their work productivity with effective and time saving data analysis skills.
This workshop is only for Windows version Microsoft Excel users. Participants are required to bring a laptop equipped with Windows version Microsoft Excel 2016
MS Excel Expert and Microsoft Certified Trainer: Valene Ang
She had conducted many Microsoft Office workshops in Singapore and Malaysia. Her training focuses on providing practical solutions to real life Excel problems. As a Certified Trainer, Ms Ang has trained hundreds of executives, managers and directors from across medium sized organisations, government offices and multinational companies. Some of her high profile clients including PSA International, DFS Galleria Singapore, Neptune Orient Lines Limited (NOL), National Environment Agency (NEA), Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), CPF Board, Public Utility Board (PUB), Canadian High Commission, British High Commission, Temasek Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Baxter Healthcare Pte. Ltd, and many more.
1.1. Selection and Navigation
1.2. Duplicate and Move Worksheet
1.3. Modify Data on Multiple Worksheets Concurrently
1.4. Add Header and Footer to Worksheets
1.5. Add Negative Sign to Numbers with Paste Special
1.6. Use AutoFill to Fill Data Automatically
1.7. Use Flash Fill to Convert, Combine and Split Text
2. Working with Excel Templates
2.1. Download Online Business Templates
2.2. Create Customized Templates for Sharing
2.3. Enhancing Formatting with Cell Styles
2.4. Change Overall Worksheets Design with Themes
2.5. Hide Details of Statement with Auto Outline
3. Working with Formulas and Functions
3.1. Create Formulas Using Cell References
3.2. Copy and Paste only the Formula
3.3. Paste Link Formulas
3.4. Use Statistical Functions to Summarize Numbers
3.5. Use Text Function to Format Numbers, Date and Time
3.6. Use Date and Time Functions to Display Specific Date
4. Working with Quick Analysis Tools
4.1. Apply Conditional Formatting
4.2. Manage Conditional Formatting Rules
4.3. Use Recommended Charts
4.4. Add Chart Elements
4.5. Apply Chart Styles and Chart Filters
4.6. Calculate Totals Automatically
4.7. Convert Data Range to Table
4.8. Sort and Filter Data in Table
4.9. Create In-Cell Charts with Sparklines