2 Day Corporate Fraud Prevention, Internal Control and Investigation Masterclass
Alarming Statistics: Fraud Affects More than One in Four Companies in Singapore
Report shows that internal fraud has risen since 2012, with 61% of the fraud incidents reported in 2018 (KPMG, 2019) being carried out by employees. This is why it remains as the most significant threat to companies. Despite tightening in regulations and accounting standards, disturbing fraud and corruption patterns is still on the rise.
Accordingly, companies in Singapore are becoming increasingly proactive about implementing fraud risk management measures. Executives, directors, managers, finance professionals and auditors need to be equipped with the skills and capability to protect your organizations from fraud-related losses, suspected wrongdoing and potential damage to corporate reputation.
A Practical Step-by-Step Guide to Corporate Fraud Prevention, Detection and Investigation Masterclass
In this 2-day masterclass, you will learn industry standards fraud detection techniques used by fortune 500 companies in fraud investigation, formalise your investigative skills and learn how to help your organization address the challenge of fraud. Through facilitated discussions, case examples, and practical exercises, you will also explore fraud detection, learn how to incorporate fraud detection into routine audit activity, learn investigation methods, strategies and approaches to help your organization fight fraud.
This program is designed to equip you with the latest and most effective corporate fraud techniques to help you identify areas in your organization that are susceptible to fraud. It will provide a step-by-step guidance to the feasible solutions to close the cracks rapidly and effectively.
- Latest Trends and Techniques – Identify latest trends on fraud in companies.
- Develop a blueprint on how to conduct fraud risk assessments professionally and confidently
- Walk Away with Fraud Documentation and Reporting Skills That Will Enable You to Carry Out an Investigation Professionally, Precisely and Confidentially
- Develop a basic investigative plan for dealing with reports of suspected fraud
- Practical tips on how to project lead a team to examine cases of suspected fraud with confidentiality and sensitivity
- Establish and strengthen key internal controls to prevent and reduce corporate fraud
- Patch and improve your company’s information system and processes to mitigate against fraud vulnerability
- Understand the motivation and psychology of corporate fraudsters
Power-packed with Real life case studies – Designed to give participants a clear idea of real-world frauds and how investigative techniques can be deployed to nail the fraudsters and determine the extent and exact nature of the fraud.
Who Should Attend?
- Board Members, Directors, CFOs, CEOs and HOD of government agencies, MNCs and NGOs
- Business Owners and Operations Directors in SMEs
- Internal and external auditors Fraud examiner or forensic accountant
- Human resources directors, Managers and Management representative
- Professional consultants, legal counsels and Professionals
- HODs in Finance, Risk Management, Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Industry Expert: Dr M A Kader
M.Com., CA (Singapore), FCA, FCCA (UK) CPA (Australia), ATP (Income Tax), FAIA (UK), Ph.D., Public Accountant & Chartered Accountant of Singapore Accredited Tax Practitioner (Income Tax)
Dr Kader is a Public Accountant registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and a Practising Chartered Accountant of Singapore. He has successfully passed the Professional Examinations of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) in First Attempt. He has a Master’s Degree (majoring in Accountancy) and a Doctorate in Management Studies to his credit.
He is a Practising Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA). He is an Accredited Tax Practitioner approved by the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals (SIATP). He is a Fellow Member of the Association of International Accountants, UK. He is a Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK and a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) of Australia.
His professional experience and expertise spans more than 30 years in the fields of auditing and assurance, taxation, business advisory, accounting & financial reporting, financial management, company formation, company laws, education & training and management consulting services.
Dr Kader is also an Associate Lecturer in Accounting & Finance for Degree Courses offered by British, American and Australian Universities in Singapore. He has been teaching Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and Financial Management in renowned Singapore Educational Institutes since 1994.
- Fraud Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Internal control environment
- How to create a Red Flags Checklist
2. Nature of Corporate Fraud
- Understanding how Fraudster’s think
- The Psychology of Fraud
3. Detecting Fraud in:
- Contracting and procurements
- Information Systems
- Assets and financial statements
4. Role of internal controls in fraud detection and prevention
5. Fraud prevention and control planning
- Roles and responsibilities
- Using Information technology red flags to detect fraud
6. Fraud Investigation
- Investigators tools and techniques
- Report writing for investigations
7. Obtaining assurance
1. International Real Fraud Cases – Master class featuring recently conducted real fraud investigations
- How was the fraud committed and then subsequently detected?
- Who committed the fraud and why?
- What approach did the investigators adopt?
- Who were the victims and which areas of the organization were vulnerable?
- What were the lessons learnt and processes tightened
- Where were the key risks
- Which areas yield most benefits for fraud reviews
- When is a good time for a fraud review?
This will be followed by hands on case study, group discussion and sharing session.